Pizza is my weakness. I just love the cheesy goodness of it all. But I’m learning that satisfying my cravings doesn’t always have to mean cheat meals. In fact, this whole wheat personal pita pizza basically proves that theory! Check it out for yourself – it only takes 10-15 minutes to whip together.
Ingredients for 1 personal pizza:
- 1 small whole wheat pita bread
- 1/3 cup organic tomato sauce
- Shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese
- Chopped veggies – your choosing!
- Leftover cooked chicken – such as rotisserie chicken
- 1 egg
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Top the pita bread with tomato sauce. Then top with shredded cheese.
- Top with your favorite veggies and chicken. I used scallions, peppers and mushrooms. I also put a little bit of BBQ sauce on my chicken, which again, is totally optional.
- Pop into the oven for 10-12 minutes, keeping an eye on it.
- In the meantime, fry an egg sunny side up using nonstick cooking spray and a pan. Top your pizza once it’s done with the egg, and enjoy an ooey, gooey delicious meal.